QuickBooks Online Integration
Integrate Nota with your QuickBooks Online account to:
1. Automatically sync your Client Ledger Balance from Nota with QuickBooks Online, nightly.
2. Send details of checks written out of your IOLA/IOLTA in QuickBooks Online to Nota.
- Nota will send the current Client ledger balance which will appear in the Chart of Accounts as a Trust Liability account.
In order to ensure your Nota Client ledger balance is accurate please make sure you do the following:
- Assign all initial onboarding funds to Client Matters
- Tag all transactions to Client Matters as soon as they display in Nota
- Accurately log outstanding checks written against your Iola/Iolta
*Please be advised- Do not make edits to the Trust Liability and Equity accounts in QuickBooks Online. Doing so will interrupt the connection to Nota.
2. Nota will automatically log printed checks from your QuickBooks Online account
- When you link you M&T IOLA/IOLTA account Nota will import printed checks and log them as outstanding checks in Nota
You are able to Disconnect your QuickBooks Online account from Nota. Please note this will not delete the Nota-managed Trust Liability account and offsetting Asset accounts in your QuickBooks Online Company. To delete these accounts from QuickBooks Online please refer to settings in QuickBooks Online.
Please reach out to Customer Success at 1(800)724-1313 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this feature
Banking services powered by M&T Bank, member of FDIC.
References to “IOLTA” or “Interest on Lawyers Trust Account” shall be interpreted to include “IOLA,” or “Interest on Lawyer Account,” and “IOTA,” or “Interest on Trust Account,” as applicable in a particular state.
Nota is a product offered by M&T Bank. It is available to attorneys whose offices are located in and who are practicing law in NY, NJ, MD, PA, DE, CT, VA, DC, FL, and WV and to whom the rules and regulations for IOLTA accounts are applicable. The advertised product and its features and availability are subject to change at any time and without notice. Use of the product is subject to and governed by certain terms, conditions, and agreements required by M&T Bank.
© 2021 M&T Bank. All Rights Reserved.